I have been working as an Integrative Counsellor / Psychotherapist since 2006 and I am very experienced in short-term / time limited and long-term / open ended therapy.
When training to become a therapist you hope and dream of gaining a placement with the NHS, I was fortunate to do so, this gave me the opportunity to get the best possible experience and specialist training available.
Once fully qualified and accredited with the British Association of Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP), I continued to work part-time for the NHS whilst also setting up my private practice in South Woodford in 2009.
My aim and goal as a therapist is to seek to understand your experience of life and to help you gain new perspectives and develop new, and more positive ways of being that are already within you, but hidden from view. Seeing my clients transform and change through the counselling process is hugely rewarding and fulfilling and is what makes me so passionate about my work.
Qualifications and Core Training
- BACP Accredited [10 years] Counsellor/Psychotherapist
- UKRCP registered [10 years] independent Counsellor/Psychotherapist
- Professional Standards Authority – Accredited Register
- Advanced Diploma in Integrative Counselling
- IAPT/BACP/NICE qualified specialist Counsellor for Depression [CfD]
- Certificated in CBT [UWE]
- Certificated in Supervision [CSTD] Core, Therapeutic, Group and Advanced
- Hypnosis [BSCAH]
Recent Additional Training Courses and CPD
- The Narcissistic Dilemma: A perspective from relational and integrative psychotherapy
- Time-limited Psychodynamic Psychotherapy
- Healing the fragmented selves of trauma survivors: Overcoming self-alienation
- Attachment-informed Psychotherapy; an integrative neuroscience-based model
- Working with survivors of childhood sexual abuse
- Loss and Bereavement awareness – Advanced Skills
- Compassion focused therapy for shame and self-critical difficulties
- Teaching clients mindfulness skills
- Emotion-Focused therapy
[I fully adhere to the British Association of Counselling & Psychotherapy [BACP] code of ethics, confidentiality procedures and guidelines for safe practice and Continued Professional Development – CPD]